Apprenticeship Programme 2019
Applications for this year's programme are now closed !
thank you to all who applied. if you have been successful in your application, a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly. good luck!
Our engineering apprenticeship programme is a four year commitment during which you will learn and develop manufacturing and engineering skills and knowledge through onsite work placements, whilst also studying for nationally recognised qualifications at Cardiff and Vale College or Bridgend College in South Wales.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to join a fast-paced, exciting working environment while continuing their skills and qualifications development further.
Read about our current apprentices' experience:
The minimum of 5 GCSEs, including a B or above in Maths, and Cs or above in Science and English. Other relevant subjects such as D&T, Resistant Materials or Engineering would be an advantage.
For individuals with higher qualifications and/or experience, make sure to list all relevant knowledge in your CV/Cover letter.
What does our programme look like?
Throughout the 4 years of the programme you will get the chance to work in a variety of departments including Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering, Software Engineering , and Development Engineering & Robotics and the Machine Shop on a rotation basis. Each year will be a combination of work experience and learning opportunity.
How to apply:
- To apply, send your Cover Letter and CV to PencoedVacancies@eu.sony.com
- Use the phrase 'Apprenticeship Programme Application' as your email subject
- In your cover letter, please highlight which of the below is your preferred area of focus:
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mech-Elec Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Ensure your CV is up to date with details of any qualifications you have, or that you're are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You can include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- Relevant work experience done through school or college would be beneficial although is not essential
- Showing a genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands on role in a manufacturing environment will be big plus!
Applications are now Closed