At Sony UK Technology Centre (UK TEC) we have over 500 highly skilled Team Players, who help create some of the most advanced technology on the global market. Alongside producing the latest in broadcast technology, our world-class engineers work on multiple third-party manufacturing products. This collaborative approach to contract manufacturing has produced many commercial successes over the years, including the best-selling British computer of all time, the Raspberry Pi. We also work to pioneer the latest ground-breaking manufacturing processes of the future through the Advanced Manufacturing Research Operations Centre.
Working as a Technician within the Engineering Department based in Sony UK Technology Centre Pencoed. The successful applicant will be responsible for Manufacturing and Assembling of components for Automated production equipment. The automated solution concludes with installation and debug of the equipment, a Performance evaluation and the completion of a hand-over where the Production Engineering Team adopts responsibility.
- Manufacturing component parts in our workshops.
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical components.
- Input to Product design for manufacture (DFM)
- Considering Mech/Elec Solutions.
- Maintenance on equipment within the machine shops.
- Ensuring a safe, clean working environment and carrying out work in a safe manner ensuring safety standards are met.
- It is anticipated the successful applicant will have a time served apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering a knowledge of Electrical Engineering would be advantageous
- Use of various machining equipment, Lathes, Milling Machines etc,
- Electronics or electrical control systems
- PLC programming (training provided)
- Technology in general
- Ability to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
- Strong sense of accountability, willingness to develop new skills and demonstrate flexibility when the operation in general requires support.
- Previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Previous experience working in a similar role.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.