At Sony UK Technology Centre (UK TEC) we have over 500 highly skilled Team Players, who help create some of the most advanced technology on the global market. Alongside producing the latest in broadcast technology, our world-class engineers work on multiple third-party manufacturing products. This collaborative approach to contract manufacturing has produced many commercial successes over the years, including the best-selling British computer of all time, the Raspberry Pi. We also work to pioneer the latest ground-breaking manufacturing processes of the future through the Advanced Manufacturing Research Operations Centre.
As a Production Engineer, your role is to ensure efficient daily running of the Sony UK Tech test and assembly operations. You will need to have strong electrical technical ability, including the ability to read and understand circuit diagrams and use your initiative to fault find. You will be required to use test devices such as volt meters, oscilloscope, and analysers. You will also be able to implement and control process changes within your role. You will be joining a fast paced, dynamic team working together to ensure the smooth running of all production lines throughout our operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a clean, supportive, and collaborative working environment that can off development, job security and financial reward.
- Carry out total productive maintenance procedures.
- Commissioning of new equipment to production floor (internal and externally sourced), make sure handover procedure is followed with all documentation in place before sign off.
- Liaise with production managers to review output and Production Engineering involvement.
- Confident at fault finding and repairing on a range of production/process equipment.
- Analysis of test data.
- Control and implementation of key process changes.
- Implementation of productive innovation ideas.
- Provide input during Design for Manufacture evaluations.
- Stock management for your department.
- Ensuring a safe, clean working environment and carrying out work in a safe manner ensuring safety standards are met.
- HNC or above in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technical discipline (or time served with experience)
- Able to communicate at all levels throughout the business.
- Ability to make engineering and technical change decisions to improve quality, efficiency to the benefit of the business.
- A strong team player with a positive attitude towards achieving schedules.
- Self-motivated and strong sense of responsibility.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic computer programming languages; C, Python, Visual Basic, etc.
- An understanding of basic mechanical engineering.
- Good aptitude for complex and technical operations.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.