At Sony UK Technology Centre (UK TEC) we have over 500 highly skilled Team Players, who help create some of the most advanced technology on the global market. Alongside producing the latest in broadcast technology, our world-class engineers work on multiple third-party manufacturing products. This collaborative approach to contract manufacturing has produced many commercial successes over the years, including the best-selling British computer of all time, the Raspberry Pi. We also work to pioneer the latest ground-breaking manufacturing processes of the future through the Advanced Manufacturing Research Operations Centre.
Reporting to the Production manager, this key role will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day to day repair of consumer electronic defect products from assembly to final processes. The successful candidate must have a strong technical ability and will be expected to gain a deep technical understanding of each product and its workflow as well as have a thorough knowledge of the production operation. Experience in soldering components as small as 0402 with experience of placing FPGA and BGA using various soldering repair equipment. The production technician may also be required to join the New Model engineering department and assist in the repair of new NMI product technologies.
- Fault analysis of various consumer products & reporting of production data.
- Repair of defective circuit boards / Final product to component level.
- Repair confirmation and accurate feedback to the relevant processes supplying clear documentation.
- Support new model introduction in fault investigations compiling detailed technical reports using Microsoft Office.
- Control and implementation of key process changes (PCN, ECN, FMEA).
- Analytical analysis (& presentation) of technical repair data.
- Provide input during DFM (Design For Manufacture) evaluations.
- Control of technical repair Spare parts using automated part ordering system.
- High level Soldering skills (Silver / Gold) to enable soldering of varied surface mount components (0402, 0603, BGA, FPGA) etc.
- Achievement of production repair targets (TAT, FIFO, RR90, Repair stock level etc.)
- It is anticipated the successful applicant will have an HNC or above in an engineering related discipline.
- Ability to read & understand computer programing languages (C, Python, Visual Basic etc. )
- An excellent knowledge of electronics / systems, as well as technology in general.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Kaizen, SPC, 5S, and other philosophies related to the production environment.
- Interact with employees from various departments.
- Work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
- Work under pressure and deliver results within deadlines.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.