At Sony UK Technology Centre (UK TEC) we have over 500 highly skilled Team Players, who help create some of the most advanced technology on the global market. Alongside producing the latest in broadcast technology, our world-class engineers work on multiple third-party manufacturing products. This collaborative approach to contract manufacturing has produced many commercial successes over the years, including the best-selling British computer of all time, the Raspberry Pi. We also work to pioneer the latest ground-breaking manufacturing processes of the future through the Advanced Manufacturing Research Operations Centre.
As the SMT Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading the SMT Shift Engineering team. The Shift Engineering team provide critical expertise and support to maintain the performance of our SMT production equipment through preventative measures such as TPM, or by machine repair when needed.
You will work closely with the Operations leads to maintain efficient and effective production equipment, utilising the OEE metric to provide performance focus and direction. The position will also work closely with the SMT Engineering Process and NMI Managers in order to continuously improve our procedures and technologies.
Another key part of the role is developing the skills and capabilities of the team – supporting each team member to maximise their and the team’s potential through training, mentoring and practical experience.
- Team leadership – SMT Shift Engineering Team.
- Support the technical and career developments of the team.
- Maintaining SMT Production Machinery and equipment (TPM Planning).
- Management of Spare parts.
- Budget control – Spend, Scrap, Resourcing.
- Engineering focus on Quality; Working closely with the SMT Quality Manager.
- Lead Problem solving activities where appropriate – DMAIC Approach.
- Writing and communicating technical reports.
- Qualified to minimum ONC level, in an engineering discipline.
- Electrical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering experience with a proven track record.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to lead a team, drive initiatives, and deliver results to fixed milestones.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- Demonstrate a can-do, will-do attitude and leading by example.
- A willingness to develop own knowledge and skills.
- Problem solving experience.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint would be beneficial.
- An understanding of the SMT process, equipment and technology being used.
- Good aptitude for complex and technical operations.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.