Graduate Opportunities 2022
APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2022 GRADUATE SCHEME ARE NOW CLOSED
Our graduate opportunities have seen University Graduates from a number of disciplines progress within Sony UK Technology Centre, securing their development and career paths within the business. If you're looking to kick-start your career, we'll be with you every step of the way.
What do our opportunities look like?
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to join a fast-paced and exciting working environment while furthering your professional and personal development at the same time.
If you are successful in your application, you will start your graduate journey in the specific role for which you applied. Very early on, you will be given responsibility within your area, all the while being guided and supported by a dedicated Sony mentor.
While working in your graduate position, you will also benefit from an intense 3-year training and development plan which aims to fast-track you to higher-level positions within the company. You will have touch points with all areas of the business, giving you the opportunity to draw on the experience of Sony team members at all levels.
- Operations Engineering - Mechanical & Electronic
- Parts Quality Assurance - Electronic & Electrical
What we can offer:
- £21,000 - £24,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- The opportunity to work towards an accredited Institute of Leadership and Management qualification during your time here, among other role-specific qualifications
- Generous company pension scheme offering employer contributions of up to 14%
- Pension scheme with x10 life assurance
- Excellent learning, training and development opportunities
- Robust Performance Management
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Weekly on-site Covid testing
- Access to discounted Sony products
A minimum of a 2:1 degree in any discipline, along with a passion for creating leading manufacturing solutions and the drive to continuously exceed industry standards.
Some top tips:
- Ensure your CV is up to date with details of qualifications you have completed or you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You may include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- Relevant work experience through school, college or with a previous employer would be beneficial although it is not essential.
- Showing genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands-on role in a manufacturing environment will be a big plus!
Your application STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE:
APPLY FOR YOUR DESIRED position.
Email your CV, along with a one-page cover letter with the subject "Graduate Opportunity Application" to SonyAcademyWales@Sony.com, as your first step. *Please ensure to note which business area you are interested in applying for.
first stage interview.
Applicants who have been successful in the first stage of the process will be invited to an online interview with the managers responsible for the business area in which they have applied. This is your opportunity to tell us all about yourself and why you think Sony UK TEC is a good fit for you. Before you attend, do your best to learn about what we do here in South Wales, and let us know why you think you’ll make the greatest impact in your chosen business area.
final stage INTERVIEW.
If you have cleared the first two stages successfully, you will be invited to a final stage interview with our HR team and our recruiting managers. At this stage, you may be asked to take an Insights Discovery Test, which we hope you'll also find fun and insightful.
RECEIVING YOUR OFFER.
We’ll endeavour to contact you within a week of your final interview to inform you of your success. During this time, if you have been successful we will also confirm your start date.
Don't miss your chance to join our global brand!
want to know a bit more? here is what OUR CURRENT GRADUATES have to say: