APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2024 APPRENTICESHIP SCHEME ARE NOW OPEN
Our apprenticeship programme is a 3 to 4-year commitment (depending on your discipline), during which you will learn and develop various skills and knowledge through on-site work placements within a manufacturing environment. Throughout the programme, you will also study for nationally recognised qualifications at Cardiff and Vale College or Bridgend College in South Wales.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to join a fast-paced, exciting working environment while developing their skills and qualifications further.
The programme is designed to provide each apprentice with a combination of work experience and learning opportunities across the business each year.
What we can offer
- The opportunity to work towards a Higher Apprenticeship Qualification such as HNC/HND during your time here, among other role-specific qualifications
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Generous company pension scheme offering employer contributions of up to 14%
- The potential to receive a target-related annual bonus
- A dedicated on-site classroom for online learning
- Complimentary access to our on-site gym facility
A minimum of 5 GCSEs, including a B or above in Mathematics, and Cs or above in Science and English. Other relevant subjects such as Business Studies, Design & Technology, Information Technology or Engineering would be an advantage.
For individuals with higher qualifications and/or experience, make sure to list all relevant knowledge in your CV and cover letter.
Tips for a successful application
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date with details of the qualifications you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You may include predicted grades if you’re yet to complete your studies.
- Relevant work experience completed through school, college or with a previous employer would be beneficial, although it is not essential.
- Showing genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands-on role in a manufacturing environment will be a big plus!
Apprenticeship application process
Complete our application form (available for download during the application period) and email it to SonyAcademyWales@Sony.com, along with your CV and a one-page cover letter.
*Please ensure to note which area from the above opportunities you are interested in applying for.
**Please also note that due to the high volume of applicants, we won’t be able to contact those who have been unsuccessful at this stage.
Applicants who have been successful in the first stage of the process will be invited to an on-site open-day event which will include a tour of our manufacturing facility and an interview, followed by a more formal assessment of their knowledge. This may involve a knowledge test or joining a team task alongside other candidates. The details of the assessment vary each year depending on the disciplines we offer, but you will be informed in advance about what they will entail.
If you have cleared the first two stages successfully, you will be invited to a final stage interview with our HR team and our recruiting managers. At this stage, you will meet people you will likely work with in the future. This is your opportunity to tell us all about yourself and why you think Sony UK TEC is a good fit for you. Before you attend, do your best to learn about what we do here in South Wales, and let us know where you think you’ll make the greatest impact.
We’ll endeavour to contact you within two weeks of your interview to inform you of your success. During this time, if you have been successful we will also confirm your start date.
*Please note we will not be contacting the unsuccessful candidates.