Sony UK Technology Centre is a division of Sony Europe Limited. We are the only manufacturing centre for Sony in Europe and supply contracting manufacturing solutions for other business. Further, we are the home of a Sony customer service centre, a Business Incubation Centre and much more. The heart of today’s operation at Pencoed is focused on the manufacture of high technology Broadcast and Professional Cameras and Systems for worldwide markets including the latest industry prominent 4K technology. Cameras and equipment produced in Pencoed can be found in sports stadiums, studios, and outside broadcast units around the world.
The position of Account Manager will have direct responsibility for managing the relationships, requirements and expectations of our Business Partners. The candidate will handle creating and developing a strong working relationship with several business customers. The role also requires that the Account Manager acts as a link between the customer and Sony Operations, ensuring that customer information is communicated appropriately and efficiently to the relevant departments. The role demands that the candidate is required to be a Sony Brand Ambassador with the mission of securing follow-on business due to developing successful long term customer relationships.
- Proactively develop strong relationships with each customer at all levels of the business, appropriately and aligning the business goals of all parties.
- Monitor and acts, appropriately, to customer requests internal & external
- Collect, interpret, and effectively communicate data, sales forecasts, information liaising between internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiate and spearhead weekly customer calls, ensuring smooth and efficient flow of information as well as Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Preparing and presenting customer quotations.
- Initiate the process for the introduction of new products and work closely with the New Model Introduction and Program Managers to ensure the process is conducted effectively.
- Managing visits, open days onsite, conducting plant tours and business overview presentations.
- Representing Sony UK TEC at networking events, dinners, etc.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to compute and present data to a various level within the organisation.
- A dedicated team player.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the confidence to do This is both internally and externally, at all levels of the business and group sizes.
- Elevated level of commercial awareness and “bigger picture” thinking.
- An appreciation of the value in effective Customer Relationship Management.
- Comfortable with accountability and delivery of agreed goals.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The personal skills to work within a demanding business/target driven environment.
- Being resilient and capable of pivoting at short notice is vital.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and an aptitude for questioning the norm, with a critical view.
- Prior experience of working within an Electronics or Mechanical Manufacturing/ Design Environment highly desirable.
- Degree qualified is desirable – with subjects such Business Management or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Effective work approach.
- Knowledge and experience of change management.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.