At Sony UK Technology Centre (UK TEC) we have over 500 highly skilled Team Players, who help create some of the most advanced technology on the global market. Alongside producing the latest in broadcast technology, our world-class engineers work on multiple third-party manufacturing products. This collaborative approach to contract manufacturing has produced many commercial successes over the years, including the best-selling British computer of all time, the Raspberry Pi. We also work to pioneer the latest ground-breaking manufacturing processes of the future through the Advanced Manufacturing Research Operations Centre.
Our Planning Division within Supply Chain is looking for a new Planning Officer/Scheduler to join the team. The candidate must be able to communicate to various levels to meet customer order requirements. Be driven, ambitious and motivated to help move our planning division to the next level. The team is responsible for managing our third-party manufacturing business being a key link between the customer, production and supply chain.
The working environment is dynamic, and you can expect to be working with a variety of people who have different responsibilities and disciplines. Therefore, flexibility is a core behaviour expected of the successful candidate. You should expect some variation in working hours on an occasional basis depending on the team activities and customer demands.
- Managing & collating sales demand forecast data
- Maintain a strong understanding of new product development and its impact on the production scheduling.
- Manage and own all related production control data to maintain smooth flow to always promote continuous improvement.
- Processing sales orders and managing this through Oracle Database.
- Managing and collating KPI data.
- Preparation of medium to long term production plans.
- Creating a detailed production build schedule and a shipping plan in line with capacity constraints.
- Management of materials in the MRP system.
- Preparing and co-ordinating data for presentations and meetings.
- Monthly presentations in Business forecast meetings to senior teams.
- Budget preparations.
- Competent using MS Office – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels of Sony Team Players across the organisation.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Personal drive and accountability to complete tasks.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Analytical skills- detecting patterns, brainstorming, observing, interpreting data, and making decisions based on the multiple factors and options available.
- Capacity planning experience.
- A good overall standard of education is required.
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Oracle Database.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment or similar role.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care
To apply for this role please complete and submit the below form.